Skip to main content
This guide provides some examples on how to document sources in APA citation style. It is based on the 6th edition of the “Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association and also other references as listed under Acknowledgement.
To view how sources are cited in APA style, you may click on the tabs to know more.
- Acknowledging sources of information in a standardised method.
- Full details of the source must be given.
- All information sources used in your assignment must be acknowledged.
- To show that your work can be substantiated with facts.
- To acknowledge the works of others.
- To allow others to identify and retrieve the references.
- If you do not acknowledge the sources uses, you will be guilty of plagiarism and disciplinary action may be taken against you.
- Quoting, i.e. directly copying the words of another.
- Paraphrasing, i.e. putting the ideas of another in your own words.
- Summarising, i.e. putting the main ideas of another in your own words.
1. In-text, i.e. in the text of your essay identifying the author surname only (i.e. last name) and page number with parenthesis.
2. Reference list, corresponding entry with full publication details. Entries are in alphabetical order.
If you have problems with citations, or require more information, contact the following library staff:
1. Help Desk Tel: 74918622 ext. 7050/7051
2. Reference Division Tel: 74918622 ext.7054/7055/7056
3. Service Counter Tel: 74918622 ext. 7073
Web Library Guide No. 26
Document No. WL/026
15 August 2016
Questions and Feedback: email to email@example.com or Call 03-74918622 ext. 7050.
Copyright © Sunway Campus Library 2016. A member of the Sunway Education Group