Reservation may be made at the Service Counter or online in SearchAll or the Library Catalogue.
Books in the library can be reserved online by users if all copies have been loaned out as shown in the Location note e.g. Checkout; or Due: Date.
There are 2 types of display of such records.
A. Record from SearchAll
1. Click on Retrieve Catalogue Item to see detailed record with Place Hold
B. Record from Library Catalogue
All copies have been loaned out. See note under Location; Due: 29/2/2016
2. To do online reservation, click on the button Place Hold.
3. Type in your Library User ID and PIN.
User ID: For students, the User ID is the student ID on the student card. For staff, the User ID is the serial card number of the verso of the staff card.
PIN: By default is 1234. This can be changed later from "MyAccount."
4. Click on Place Hold.
5. The screen that follows confirms whether the hold (reservation) has been made. The title of reserved book e.g. Microsoft Ofiice 2007 visual quick tips and the author McFedries, Paul are displayed.
6. Click OK to close the screen.
This is done when not all copies of a title have been borrowed such as in the following 2 situations.
1. Main text has been borrowed but the accompanying CD or student text are still available.
2. One copy of the text is still available but being Reshelved or in the Restricted Collection or Open Shelf.
User may make reservation (place hold) at the Service Counter by providing the library staff with the title. author and call number.
Web Library Guide No. 17
Document No. WL/017
12 August 2016
Questions and Feedback: email to email@example.com or Call 03-74918622 ext. 7050.
Copyright © Sunway Campus Library 2016. A member of the Sunway Education Group